Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

We all had Christmas Eve off together. We took a walk that lasted much longer than we had planned (the bridge Rob led us to was surrounded by cold mucky marsh) so we had to turn back, hungry and tired. But it was nice to be out in the chilly sun and I was thrilled not to be wrapping presents, which is how I usually spend the day, but I had done a few late-night wrapping episodes and I was free to enjoy the holiday, which was very novel for me.

The fungus above reminds me of ribbon candy our grandmother used to give us on Christmas. It didn't taste very good but it was beautiful. (The candy of my memory; I did not eat the fungus)

















It seems that the beavers are back, chewing the trees so they look like enormous sharpened pencils.

Lily in the setting sun, still smiling on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment