Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Well, what's stopping you, then?

During the Reiki 3 training a few weeks ago, a group of us were talking about what year we had become nurses.
I said, "I had only planned on being a nurse for 10 years, but here I am, just finishing my 11th year.
One woman asked me,"What would you do instead?"
I answered, sort of flipply,"I'd be a fairy witch writer, living in the woods."
After I blurted it out; the conversation moved on.
Hours later, I was lying on the massage table, the same woman stood above me; about to begin a treatment on me. She mentioned something about me wanting to be a "Fairly rich writer living in the woods."
"No no," I protested. "You heard me wrong! I want to be a fairy witch writer living in the woods."
She stopped, puzzled; then mumbled "Well, that's much more interesting." and then looked down at me; a bit sternly and said, "Well, what's stopping you, then!?"



I had a wonderful relaxing treatment from her hands, all the while pondering her question.
Something about her attitude made me think. "Yeah, really, what's so hard about that? Get on with it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment