Sunday, November 29, 2009

Puppies puppies




We went to visit Liza's golden retriever puppies this weekend and holy crap they were cute.


Rob is allergic so I knew we could never bring one home, but the girls forgot we were just visiting, and fell deeply in love. By the end of the hour each had settled down with one that they really wanted.

I had to force them to come home with me. Lily tried to stay glued to Liza's porch in protest; the runt held tightly in her arms.

That night she cried at bedtime because she missed her puppy.

Uggh; broke my heart.
I think it was worth it for them just to experience darling goofy puppy exuberance, but not sure it was worth the despair when we left.

I told Lily someday, maybe in a year or so, we'll be bringing a different puppy home.

2 comments:

  1. you can't get much cuter than golden puppies! my boys are lobbying for a dog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they something! I need to learn more about the hypo-allergenic dogs. I just met a schnoodle and it was adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete