Friday, November 13, 2009

Crow Lady Images

So a few months ago I discovered a beautiful blog at:

http://faboolosity.blogspot.com/2009/05/heartstrings-house-tour.html

The images are so pleasing. I love the home she visits in this post and the things she chooses to photograph.

I started following Heidi on her blog
http://faboolosity.blogspot.com/

where she posts letters she finds in nature and the world, which make me laugh and now I look at branches and bottletops in different ways. She calls her children varmints which I think is just a great word.

Then she had a post about a logo workshop:
http://faboolosity.blogspot.com/2009/06/logo-workshop-101.html

It was in June and I pondered it nervously for a month or longer and then I emailed her. Hooray! She was kind and professional and ready to help me! I wanted an image for my blog header and maybe a label for herbs and a business card?? Why not? What fun.
She asked me questions about what I wanted which really made me think about it. What did I want?
Something beautiful to put on my blue bottles filled with soon-to-be- made herbal concoctions. A lovely image to put on a tag for my dream and therapy pillows.
A business card that wasn't clip art.
Fun.

She then send me a ton of great images, ideas, fonts, sizes and we narrowed it down.
It was so exciting to print out the four pages of possibilities. I carried it around with me and sneaked looks at it for a few days.
It made my dreams feel more concrete and validated to see images representing them in paper and ink.

Then I made the final choice (It was hard to choose!!)

I love it.
I'm working on getting the header to be a different color, but I love the writing and the crow.
I'm bringing the labels to the print shop soon.
I'll post photos of the labels once I get them printed on paper. I'm thinking maroon or blue stock.
Heidi is a busy graphic designer, mom and blogger. I am so thankful she generously took the time to create these perfect images for me.
Thank You Heidi!!








2 comments:

  1. I think I need to take the background out when I get the chance... Thanks for the link!!! xoh

    ReplyDelete