Sunday, November 1, 2009

Virgin Mary

I love stained glass.
This window is actually at Mesa Verde a Mexican restaurant in Greenfield.
But I have been thinking about heading into a church to find a shrine to the Virgin Mary after listening to a CD of Marianne Williamson from the library.
http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Bridges-Transformation-Marianne-Williamson/dp/B000ICKVRC
Someone from the audience asked for help dealing with an issue with her son. Marianne replied with these instructions,
"When it comes to mothers and children; there is no higher vibration than the Virgin Mary.
Go to a Catholic or Episcopal church.
Light a candle to Mary and surrender the child
to Mary
to overshadow your motherhood
you need a miracle
surrender to Holy Spirit
and ask for a miracle,
which is a divine intercession from a thought system beyond our own."

I'm uncomfortable with the Christian terminology, Christian churches and the Male god.
But I love the idea of sneaking in a visit to Mary
Who, of course, is the ancient mother goddess from the earlier religions.

Also, since my past life reading revealed a repeated history of monastic life; I have admitted a hidden love of stone churches, stained glass, and statues of Mary....

So, I'm on the lookout for a church with a nice shrine in a quiet corner where I could go light a candle to ask Mary for help in this amazingly wondrous and insanely difficult job of mothering.

I put this Patti Griffin song Mary on a recent mix.
It breaks my heart.
In a good way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0QC4apMCK0&feature=fvsr

No comments:

Post a Comment