Friday, November 20, 2009

To the dump and then to get milk


I drove through Gill today and I passed one of my favorite trees. It's an old Elm with a beautiful silhouette against the sky. I used to see it whenever I drove Lily to preschool. I was always late and harried on my way to work with toddler-Lily moping and weeping in the backseat about going to school.

I trained myself to take a deep slow breath every time I saw this tree. Whenever I came round the corner I would slow down, let my lungs fill and look around at the bright green farmlands or the fields covered in snow. No matter what; my tree was there. I'm programmed now to look for the tree, breathe and stop worrying for a moment.

Today the children were at home with Rob (Lord how they hate the dump! Why? They sit in the car and listen to music.) So I stopped an grabbed a few photos of why I love taking the long route into Greenfield.

My tree:



A guardrail lovingly decorated with petite colorful gourds



And a mailbox with one of my favorite numbers as I have written before in here. How could I not love it? Doreen Virtue says it means, "Thousands of angels surround you at this moment, loving and supporting you. You have a very strong clear connection with the angelic realm, and are an Earth angel yourself. You have nothing to fear-all is well."

A nice thought to think as I tool along, to and from town!

No comments:

Post a Comment