Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sleep pillows



I finally gathered all the ingredients for my sleep pillows.

I was going to order all the herbs from Mountain Rose Herbals, but shipping was expensive so, instead, I bought the lavender, chamomile and pink rose buds at the Brattleboro Food Co-op. The hops we grew ourselves this summer. The only thing I had to order was the Orris Root which is a natural fixative that helps retain the scent of the other herbs.

They all smell wonderful and a little seems to go a long way.

I sewed up the pillows when I was last at my parent's so all I have to do is stuff them and sew up the small filling hole.

An exciting find this weekend was a vial of Herkimer diamonds. Aren't they beautiful? I went to a gem and mineral show with the girls, thinking I would walk away with a bounty of really inexpensive quality crystals but it was expensive! My vial of Herkimer diamonds was 30$, which seemed OK because I had been planning on buying them for 1$ each at Silver Moon and the vial contains much more that 30. But still, nothing was dirt cheap like I had hoped when I dragged the family there in the rain. (Rob napped in the car; he couldn't bear to look at rocks in a gymnasium.)
Herkimer diamonds are a double terminated hard quarts from Herkimer County in New York. They are considered to be a dream stone, helping people to sleep and then to remember their dreams. It is recommended to put them under a pillow or in a pillowcase, so I thought it would be perfect to charge them on my Reiki grid with the intention of creating peaceful dreams and then sew them into my pillows.
I'm going to place the vial of stones on the grid tomorrow so I'll sleep with one under my pillow tomorrow night! We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment