Sunday, October 11, 2009

Snowflakes


We saw these fish at the Botanic gardens Sunday afternoon before heading home.

A story from bedtime Friday night:
Everyone was worked up and anxious, sleeping in a new place. Would we be able to sleep? Would we be able to find the race in the morning?
It was 9pm and I was worried the girls would never go to sleep. Lily was pouting, lying on the bedspread on the floor, insulted because she had been accused of kicking in her sleep (she does) and feeling sad. Georgia was squirming next to me.

I tried to pull it together and do some Reiki. I decided to send healing and calming energy to the entire room. I used the symbols and then visualized snow falling gently from the ceiling all over the room- not cold- just peaceful quiet snow. Something new and sort of concrete for my tired brain.
Then Lily was wiggling onto the bottom of the bed, bouncing it while Georgia was just starting to quiet.
I settled them again.
Rob was lying there (with his C-pap machine for his sleep apnea droning rhythmically) already half asleep.
I lay back down and went back to imagining the snow drifting down, sweet and silent.
Georgia was getting sleepy. Lily finally beside me.

Georgia then rolled over and asked (out of nowhere- I hadn't said a word about my visualization or snow or cold or any such thing)

"Mama. How do you spell snow?"
!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was shocked!
I spelled it for her and before I could think too much about it, we all slipped quietly into sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment