Thursday, October 1, 2009

"School is the F-word!"


Is what Georgia said this morning when I told her it was time to wrap up painting and get ready for school.

She was painting happily all morning. The last couple of weeks she has been painting, drawing and writing all the time. Before that she didn't have much interest; now, suddenly, she loves it.

Georgia has been know to use the actual f-word. At first I made the mistake of overreacting (gasping and putting my hand to my mouth in horror to show her the impact and putting her in a time-out) which just made her do it more. Lily has been yelling, "Mama, Georgia's saying the f-word!!" on most days. Then I would trudge in and give Georgia a talking to or put her in a time out. Now as a new approach, the whole family is trying to ignore it. We have seen a decrease in trash mouth the last week or so, but maybe she just got sick of it.

She has been hitting less, too. But I think she still wants some satisfying way to express her anger, which I can understand.

Sometimes I feel like work is the f-word.
Who wants to stop playing, clean up and put their shoes and socks on??


No comments:

Post a Comment