Friday, October 9, 2009

Crow Lady Herbals

I am letting my inner herbalist a bit out of the bag and making some holiday presents. I worked on dream pillows at my mother's sewing machine and ironng board this weekend. Amazingly I have connected with this wonderful graphic designer through blogging and she is designing a "Crow Lady Herbals" label for me!
I am so excited!
She'll be sending me some ideas soon..

The dream pillows will contain hops from my garden but I'm going to order the rest of the herb ingredients from:
Mountain Rose Herbs


I just got paid today so I might do it now.

here's what I'm ordering
Lavender flowers

Orris root (a fixative)

Mugwort

Rose Petals

Jasmine and

Lemon Verbena.


I'm also making some therapy pillow to warm in the microwave so I'll buy some flax seeds, too.

I want to buy glycerine to make rose petal and lemon balm tinctures for kids but I missed my chance to pluck the fresh leaves and petals. Next year I'll harvest all my weedy plants.


I do have plenty of St John'swort oil so I'm going to make some salves mixing it with beeswax, coconut oil, and some nice essential oils.
I've picked out some pretty blue bottles from the web
http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=37



Oh I get so excited.

I can't wait to see my labels, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment