Friday, September 11, 2009

Love this mushroom


so sweetly pushing up from the dark earth.
I couldn't decipher what is was from above, so I had to stop and stoop down.

I have been taking more walks outside in my Vibram 5 fingers. They feel like barefeet, but you don't get poked. I read about them on Mark's Daily Apple http://www.marksdailyapple.com/vibram-fivefingers/

Which is also the source of The Primal Blueprint diet I've been following for over a month now. It pretty much cuts out processed foods and grains. The goal is to even out insulin production and avoid big draining swings in bloodsugar. It's been working really well for me. I've been eating healthy unprocessed foods and not feeling hungry or having cravings. Nice.
The workout component is really appealing to me because it involves lots of low level daily exercise, like taking walks outside. But it also involves sprinting, lifting heavy things and some high intensity exercise.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-workout-plan-basics/#more-6584

The sprinting and heavy lifting hasn't been as easy for me to figure out, but maybe this week I can get to the gym or sprint up my hill. I'm still a bit intimidated about really pushing myself physically. But I know I have to do it to get stronger. I'm working on doing one pull up!

No comments:

Post a Comment