Friday, September 25, 2009

Hogworts
























There is an abandoned prep school near where I live and I think it would make the perfect Hogworts. It has enough magic and charm to be the place where wizards go to learn their craft.





I keep hoping someone will buy it and we'll start seeing people like Dumbledore at the local market and the gas station. I imagine it's difficult to get reliable wizard faculty; they always seemed to have trouble in the books; but I bet it could be done.


I mentioned my dream of a Hogworts to an older man who had gone to the abandoned school when he was a boy; when it was a lively place. He was visiting, walking around the empty grounds.


I thought maybe I had offended him, because he was silent for a while, but he finally said, "You know, it kind of was like a a Hogworts.....It was a magical place to learn."

So, if anyone knows any wizards with deep pockets; have them consider buying the place before it crumbles from neglect.


















































For now, I try to enjoy it as a beautiful place to walk. Today Georgia collected fruits from the ornamental trees and fed them to the pink and black alligators she said were in the sewers; waiting there hungry, but patient, beneath the old metal grates.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the alum stranger. Such a magical place. It will always be a spiritual touchstone for me; I do hope it has a bright and happy future. I say so many prayers for and to that place. This post should go viral. It is the best "ad" for the campus that I have ever seen! Esp. that pic of G. feeding the alligators. Wait till Zinnia finds out!

    ReplyDelete