Friday, September 25, 2009

Kid on bus; lunch on table

When Lily was in kindergarten and first grade I drove her to school most days. She insisted but I also liked to see what was going on at school. Now that she's in second grade, the bus has a couple more friendly faces and most days she wants to take the bus.
As I am a frequently tardy person who often works late at night and am sleepy in the morning (last night I got to bed at 2:15am.) So this means some anxious running up the hill as the rumbling bus is on its way to our stop. The neighbors yelling, "Lily! It's coming!"
Akkk. Anyway, after the triumph of making the corner before the bus arrived, Georgia and I waved goodbye and then sauntered back down the hill into the warm kitchen where I was met with the vision of Lily's carefully packed lunch box!
So deflating.

Ugggh.
Shoes back on and off to school we go to stuff it in her locker before snack time.

No comments:

Post a Comment