Friday, October 22, 2010

Celebrating the mortgage refinance!

We went to Hope and Olive and ate a fancy dinner while a babysitter watched the kids to celebrate the refinance finally going through.
It took forever for the bank, assessor and mortgage company to all get back from vacation and finish the paperwork, but as of today, Rob and I have paid off our credit cards!
Hooray!
It feels so good to not have that nasty interest growing and those due dates looming.

We will slowly be able to pay off our other overdue debts.
I can't believe how much better I feel to have a bit of money in the bank already.
Sigh
It makes me sad to think of how stressed I've been. And how hard it is for so many people....

I'm excited to cut up the credit cards and stay out of debt (except of course for the mortgage....and the car.....)
Anyway, we're pretty thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment