Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rob's b-day

Began with a 6:30am wake up from the girls excited to feed Rob breakfast in the hammock as he had requested. I tried to send them away but Rob was up and raring to go. The lucky man was served fruit salad, egg and toast while laying in his hammock.

His dream: To be at drinking coffee at the coffee shop before 8am.

Who has that dream?


Not me. But it wasn't my birthday.


On our way out the door at around 8am we saw that fantastic and mysterious moth on the screen door. Look at those wings! It looks imaginary or like a gumdrop!


After our early morning coffee and some errands we headed to Picadilly Farm's open house.




Here's the view from the hay ride. Everything is getting green.


Rob skiped the hayride because of his allergies, but the girls and I jerked around the farm and admired the growing crops.
And maybe some of us got a wee bit bored.



Georgia and her friend admire the growing chicks.


I found a gorgeous Rhododendron bursting into bloom. I grew up with them in my suburban neighborhood and never liked them very much, but I realized that was foolish. What a beautiful flower!



Then Rob had a 2 hour nap and we went out to dinner at Fireworks! in Brattleboro. This plant looks like a firework.


A delicious Saturday, even with the early wake up!

Happy B-day Rob!

2 comments:

  1. More nosy questions from your nosiest reader - where is the coffee shop pictured above? I don't recognize it. I bet it's in a secret portal somewhere off of Birnam Road that only the cool kids know about.

    You'd mentioned once "we went to Brattleboro so Rob could get his coffee" and I am pretty impressed by that level of dedication ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is from Amy's Bakery and Cafe on Main st in Brat/ If you are driving up Main Street; it's on your right up around the bead shop and Verde. It has wonderful baked goods, pizza slices at lunch and sandwiches. Rob loves their flourless chocolate torte, I love the almond horns and Lily and G like the rolls they can spread with butter and jam. Yum! You all should check it out soon if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete