Friday, May 7, 2010

Crag Mountain






Last Friday we hiked up Crag mountain.
(This post is late because first our hard drive was destroyed by a virus just before I got my external hard drive out of its wrapper "I'll wait to back up everything until I'm really organized" oooops and then we lost power for 48 hours, which was actually peaceful and sweet. When the power flicked back on at 9:30 pm we pretended it didn't and went to bed ignoring the many emails and phone calls we needed to return.)

Back to Crag Mountain which is about a ten minute drive from our house but I've never hiked it before!

It was a tricky scramble to the top but we did it.

I wasn't sure if the girls would be able to make it, but they did. It felt good to look out over the landscape and see the Turkey Vultures soaring just overhead.





















I felt mighty and also liberated. Rob and I used to hike all the time and since the girls were born we haven't done much at all.

It felt great.








Then we went to the creamie, which is now famous!

http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=7437891


No comments:

Post a Comment