Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chick Day!

We got a call from Bernardston Farmer's Supply at 8:15 this morning saying our chicks had arrived! We went to pick them up and below is what Georgia and I found. Cardboard boxes filled the whole room with cheeping!





Here are Lily's Barred Plymouth Rock. We chose two of them.


















Georgia's picked two Buff Orpingtons


















and then we chose 2 Auracanas.

























and placed them, cheeping, in our chick-to-go box.




















and brought them home.

I put their little beaks in the water to show them how to drink, as the book recommended. Then we adjusted the light, gave them vitamin water and some food. They drank the water and pecked the food. Thank goodness. Things seem to be going well.







Georgia is beside herself with chick-love! We were sad to leave them when Georgia went to school and I headed to work.

They were all doing well when Rob, Lily and Georgia came home and they spent the evening holding them.

I came home at 1am and all five were sleeping quietly in a little pile.
I can't believe we actually have chicks!

1 comment:

  1. SO sweet! I am jealous. I think next year is my year. Your chicks are beautiful. I love them.

    ReplyDelete