Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work

It's odd my job as a labor and delivery nurse doesn't usually make the blog. I enjoy it and I work with a wonderful group of people helping in an amazing process, but I'm conflicted by how much it defines me.





I've learned so much over the 10 years that I've done it. It's an intense job that brings me right up against physical and emotional pain, ecstatic joy, intense teamwork, tragedy and lots of other genuine emotion.
But the privacy of the work, my inability to talk about it at all in the outside world without potentially revealing too much about an individual patient, has made it "off the table."

I tried to take photos, but so much of the work is behind closed doors and too personal. I suppose I could get a waiver but it seems inappropriate.




Tonight I tried to snap some photos and they seem ugly and distant from the actual job I have, but I thought I'd stick them in to give a setting, at least, for what I do for work.













No comments:

Post a Comment