Thursday, July 16, 2009

Azalea Blue Harris-Hendry


The girls giving Azalea a goodbye hug today. She got alot of petting and grooming today.
It has always been such a soothing action for me to pull her shedding tufts of fur out; they release so pleasingly.
She was in pretty good spirits today. A few tumbles, but we walked in the yard some. She got tired of eating and didn't finish her food.
They came at 5p and did a beautiful job.
Then they carried her out on her bed, wrapped in white sheet.
Lily cried herself to sleep and needed lots of lullabies and a cool cloth for her head; Georgia was confused and cried on and off, sometimes for Azalea and sometimes puzzled and scared because we were all crying.
I came downstairs from checking on them again and Rob had "Old Blue" by Joan Baez playing on I-tunes for me.
He named her Azalea 14 and a half years ago. I got the middle name, and chose Blue because of this song. I haven't heard it in a while. It was fitting today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMS7tVcokM

Had a dog and his name was Blue,
Had a dog and his name was Blue,

Had a dog and his name was Blue,

Betcha 5 dollars he's a good one, too.

Here, Blue, you good dog you.

Shouldered my gun and I tooted my horn,

Gonna find a 'possum in the new-ground corn,

Old Blue barked and I went to see,

Cornered a 'possum up in a tree.

Come on Blue, you good dog, you.

Old Blue died and he died so hard,

Shook the ground in my back yard,

Dug his grave with a silver spade,

Lowered him down with links of chain.

Every link I did call his name,

Here Blue
, you good dog, you,
Here Blue, I'm a-comin' there too.

Good dog Azalea. Thank you for your love and company. We will miss you.





No comments:

Post a Comment