Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Three Broomsticks



We were really excited to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando while we were in Florida.  Lily, Georgia and I just finished reading the first Harry Potter outloud at bedtime (repeat reading for Lily and I, but we finally got Georgia hooked.  Hooray.)

We decided to go on Wednesday even though it was so hot (86 degrees and brightly sunny.)  Everyone told us it wasn't going to be crowded, but it was packed with people.  I cannot imagine a crowded day!  There were people everywhere.  Rob didn't come; he didn't want to spend the money or go to a hot crowded park.

I had terrible searing shin splint in my left leg so I was dreading all the walking, but I attached an ice pack to my leg and we drove Grammen's car the hour to Orlando in the morning.  I paid extra for the handicapped parking so I could limp around.  We motored through the rest of the park and went right to the Wizarding World.

We started with a ride.  The Flight of the Hippogriff is tame, comparatively, to any other rides in the park.  It was so quick.  It was over just after it began, but I was prepared because the older man exiting from the seat I was stepping into replied, "It's quick!" when I asked how it went.  The culture of "rides" is foreign to me because I am such a puker.  Some people pay double for their "express passes" to the park so they can cut to the front of the line and even have the choice to sit in the front seat of the roller coaster.  Weird. 

For one day in the park the regular tickets cost $88 for adult and $82 for kids.  Yikes!  I wasn't about to pay  more for cutting privileges.

Here's a photo of Hagrid's cabin that we passed during the ride.












We went to eat at The Three Broomsticks.  It was very pleasing and the Butter Beer was great, sweet with a marshmellowy topping.  The building was cool and dark with shadows of house elves and flying owls on the stone brick walls.



I got the turkey leg, which was delicious and made me feel like Hagrid.



No comments:

Post a Comment