Saturday, February 9, 2013

February Blizzard



Snow Day!!
I feel like I usually have to work during the big snowstorms so I was thrilled to be home Friday to just hunker down and enjoy a snow day, although most of the snow came after we were asleep.  What a surprise to wake up and find 16-20 inches!


 



The sun shines in on the pleasing Valentine's garland my sister sent.  She-of-the-care-packages-cushioned-with-dried-rose-petals.  She did not disappoint; this year's Valentine package was beautiful, filled with candy hearts and packed with white and red rose petals.

I had forgotten the holiday was coming,
February came so quick!
Rob bought me a Jasmine plant at Trader Joes.  I adore Jasmine.  I drink the tea every morning and find the scent perfect.   I can't wait until it blooms.  I think the whole house will smell divine and hopfully I can keep this plant alive.  Rob had forgotten I have slowly killed a couple of these over the 23 years we've been together, but maybe this is a different variety?

The power never went out during the storm, so we all watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind together.  I have been wanting to see it for a few years.  I remember seeing it as a kid of 7 when it came out and it made quite an impact.  My favorite website for evaluating the appropriateness of TV and movies is Common Sense media and they gave this a raving review for kids 8 and up.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/close-encounters-of-the-third-kind


We gave it a try watching it and had a great time.  The kids were very drawn in and not too scared (We talked them through the confusing/scary parts)  I wanted to see it because sometimes I feel like Richard Dryfuss making the mashed potato hill as I try and follow my heart's desire and intuition towards the life I want to live.  It is an urge and a pull but sometimes it doesn't make sense at the time.  I have to trust there is a bigger picture guiding me even though I can't see it all now.  I am working hard toward my Aromatherapy certification and my Emotrance energy healing certification hoping it will be beneficial to me and others, but sometimes I can feel like I'm running alot on faith.

Don't worry, though,  not faith in aliens.

But, instead, in some divine beneficent power that infuses everything around us.

Nothing I can make with mashed potatoes, yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment