Friday, August 20, 2010

The Queen of Cups











is a British tea shop that just opened in Bernardston, the town next door.

It has been in-the-works for over a year and I had given up hope that it would ever open.

Then I wasn't sure if it would be uptight and dour or frilly and foolish but, marvelously, it was none of those things; it was lovely.

Really lovely.

It is comfortable and elegant.
It has a huge working fireplace that will call to me in the winter.





Georgia had I had date there while Lily was at camp.
We got lemon cake and clotted cream (Hooray! that was dearest hope that they would have clotted cream. Georgia didn't like the whipped cream whipped to butteriness so I got to eat it all!)











And also crumpets and strawberry jam.

Delicious.


I drank my jasmine tea in a sweet pot while Georgia climbed on the big comfortable couch.









I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment