Friday, June 29, 2012

Sleeping out

We had big plans to sleep out alot this summer, but my back is making logistics a bit tricky.  We did build a fire, toast marshmallows and settle in under the moon to sleep outside.




I was intending to sleep blissfully on the brand new air mattress but as soon as I lay down I knew it wasn't going to work.  It was too squishy and my back started to hurt.  I read a couple of Native American folktales and then we had to move into the living room.  The girls were pretty good sports and excited to sleep all together on the futon in the living room. 

The next night I slept on a firmer cot and was going to maybe be OK, but then it started to rain on us.  We weren't as good natured then.  All the dragging in and out of supplies was taxing and we were all disappointed to not get to sleep under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment