Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow at night!

The Fairy house seemed pretty protected in the snow!


We made some snow angels and sled down the hill. I tried to get out of sledding because I was going out with a friend and didn't want to get my pants wet; Lily was totally appalled.

"What? You won't sled because of pants?!"

So, I was shamed into doing a few runs and, of course, they were fun.


The snow was sticky and held to the tree branches, completely transforming the world.




















I drove to Shelburne Falls slowly in the snow and ice to see Princess Mononoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWWWKKA8jY

with my friend at Pothole Pictures. The streets were gorgeous with light and snow; I felt like I drove right into Bedford Falls from It's A Wonderful Life.

















The movie was amazing, so many fantastic visual images. I was transfixed.
Then we went to my friend's pad for a fairy cake!
And a visit with a big black purring cat.

By the time I drove home at 11:00 the stars were out and the storm was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment