Thursday, December 10, 2009

No School for snow!!

Our first official snow day cancellation!
We stayed home and watched Home Alone, made cookies and finally, near sundown, I realized I'd better exit the house for a bit. (Rob and Lily had made it outside already)
We went sledding at a nearby hill, after I found and blew up our puffy sled!! (I was very proud of myself) On this big hill Rob and I need a puffy sled. The back pain from the jolts we get it in crappy plastic sleds takes away any enjoyment ("ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH ouch ouch" down the hill.)
Georgia was brave and got over the fear of sledding she's had since she got sprayed with a face full of icy snow last year. After a few runs, she insisted on going down the hill alone. We all held our breath, hoping she wouldn't capsize and spend another year whining to go home, but she went down laughing all the way!


















Then we came home and finished the movie while our clothes dried on the gate of the woodstove.

I thought it was rather idyllic but Rob's clutter alarm and stir crazy alarm went off at the same time or something because, suddenly, he was madly cleaning up and impossible to be around, mumbling under his breath about having no clean surfaces.
Do snow days always end like that? Hmm I'll have to notice this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment