Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday

To Me!



I turned 39 this week. A Barred Owl on my neglected upstair's altar caught my eye when I was thinking about aging and another birthday.

The quote at the bottom says,

"Be who you really are
and go all the way."

Lao Tzu

It struck me as a good blessing for the year.


Lily made me a card that made my heart sing.
She drew in the whole paper meticulously with blue marker and the note is:
"Dear mama love u
You best Mama in the Milky Way"
She told me she didn't know how to spell "universe"



Rob and I went out to dinner at the cozy Gill Tavern and went for a freezing walk on NMH campus. Their cathedral was lit up and when we walked closer we heard the voices of students singing Vivaldi's Gloria.
Astoundingly lovely.

The large moon was rising above the dark hills and then overhead.

My mother came to babysitt and officially gave me my angel locket. It is charging up with good energy on my Reiki grid, more beautiful than I remember when I first met one like it, years ago.











My mother also gave me a copy of The Red Tent, a book I adore.

I had called her a few days prior and she told me she had to run because Anita Diamant was coming to the bookstore where she works.

I said, "Oh I love her! The Red Tent is such a magical powerful book. I think about it all the time when I'm at work; how different and similar it is birthing babies is from in ancient times. When people ask, "Well, what used to happen in the old days?" I use that book as a window into what it might have been like. That book created a history for me. That book is a really big deal!"

My mother went to the store and introduced Anita sharing that she had talked to me and that I used that book to inform my work with birthing women; that the book had given me a story.....Then at the signing she had Anita sign a book for me.

with Blessings.

It felt very powerful when my mother gave it to me.
A gift, a blessing;
Permission to:

"Be who you really are
and go all the way."

Lao Tzu

Here's to a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment