Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heading out

It took forever to get out of the house (probably because part of me didn’t want to leave.) My mother and the girls were having fun in the other room and I was organizing and paying bills, packing up, cleaning up and eating lunch.

I finally got on the road at around 2pm.

It was so odd to drop my bills at the post office and then be a free woman, with no responsibilities.

Last minute, I had called Wellspring House for directions. Preston had generously given them to me, then asked curiously, “You’re not coming today are you?”

(And I had been worrying they were wondering where I was!)

“Yes.” I said, thinking “Ugggg I’ve already packed the car!”

He responded, “Oh all right, when are you leaving?

“Twenty minutes.” I answered.

“OK, we’ll see you in and hour and a half then.”

Off I went.

The drive was pleasing.

I listened to Carolyn Myss on a library CD talking about spiritual self esteem. She wondered, "Can you afford to hear the highest voltage guidance and DO something about it? Can you afford to have an intimate relationship with God without jamming your circuits?" I was struck by her humor and her bossiness, laughing as I drove. "Well, I don't know, really." I answered as I drove along.


And then there was a bear in the road.

A big black bear ambling across the road!

It was like a huge dog, a beast! But it’s gait had a jolly and goofy spirit to it.

It happened so fast there was no time to take a photo or do anything but just watch.

The people in the car going the other way looked as delighted as I felt.

I waved to them in shared appreciation and they waved back.

What a sign!

What a sight!

I called home and told the girls who seemed a bit apprehensive but my mother was thrilled (once she knew I was in a car.)

“That’s a good omen for your trip.” she said.

Yes, I think it is.

(look to the post from 8/25 for a different bear story!)

No comments:

Post a Comment