Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bear visits when dreams are spoken

Talking to my friend today about my plan to become a millionaire. (Finances are a strain lately and I want our current situation to be our bottom!) She asked how selling my book on becoming a nurse was doing. "I'm sending it out, but nothing really, yet." But then I told her about children's books I'd written years ago and how I sent out a query for one of them titled I am a Crow yesterday with Barry Moser's name mentioned because he said he might be interested in doing the illustrations.

I told her, I paused before I said it, "My true crazy secret dream is I want to be a children's book author and illustrator. There I said it, that's what I want to do."

My friend won't laugh, which is why I tell her these things I can barely tell me, (but that Rob has known for years.) We talked for a minute about if I painted or drew (uggh barely!) She was being curious and supportive and then she said something like, "oh sorry, I saw something. Did you see that?" and I said no I didn't think so.

Then she told me she saw a bear out of the corner of her eye, rambling towards us, not threatening or scary, just a bear.

She said she has these visions or sees things but she doesn't tell people. She's been seeing the bear alot. She laughed it off, but I protested, "I think it's very exciting that you saw a power animal, an animal I just placed centrally on my altar, a gift from my sister. It appeared as I was telling you my deep almost scary and shameful dream. I think that's powerful and awesome!

We talked about it for a while and I tried to convince her I thought it was a very cool gift and not a worry. (I yearn for visions and all I get are boring numbers!)

Here is a photo of my bear on my altar I did last night and here is what the little paper that came with it says:

Bear Fetish

Guardian of the West

Strength introspections,

the power of the soul,

healing solitude,

change,

strength in the face of adversity.






















I ask for protection and wisdom from bear.


I ask for the strength to create abundance and the life I am meant to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment