Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pennies on the Tracks

Rob and the girls put pennies on the railroad tracks while I worked a marathon shift at the hospital this weekend.

This morning we got a greasy diner breakfast and went down to the tracks to find the hopefully squished pennies.

We found them among the rocks, shiny and misshapen.

Mosquitoes swarmed and we bolted for the car. There were 15 buzzing inside the car when we all closed our doors.


We drove up to a mountain bike race in Putney VT, where it rained. We sat in the wet grass.
































Lily whistled with a blade of grass for the first time, Shqueeeleeeeck!


We got home and our dear friend Miranda came over and brought a bucket of sour cherries! Eeek Gads they were so gorgeous it was unbelievable.

















I am very proud of the above photo. I took many cherry portrait photos before I got the perfect one. I need to find a recipe online before they rot. They are still shiny and beautiful on the counter. Tasty, too.







We all went for a walk in the mushroom woods and Miranda snapped this picture of Georgia and me. Then we proceeded to get lost in really high weeds. Before that we did get a glimpse of a waddling porcupine and a pair of Indigo Buntings.

2 comments:

  1. oh I just found a recipe!! tonight I am turning those cherries into yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to hear about what you made! Ours was delicious, I might have to know how to find that tree.

    ReplyDelete