Monday, March 29, 2010

Update on the organizing

So far having the woman come clean the house has been wonderful.
Knowing she will be here twice a month has made me keep the house more straightened.
We've all gotten used to a certain level of tidy and clean so keeping it up is less of a monstrous struggle.
She does the floors, bathroom and the kitchen.
Everything looks so gleamy and lovely that I end up cleaning the windows and dusting the ceilings when I get home, which I never used to bother with because everything else was a disaster.


The Mondays with childcare have been useful, although meetings and sick kids have eaten up a share. The enormity of the photo organizing is daunting. I spent an entire day going through just six months worth of photos, trying to make sure they're all downloaded online and in some kind of order, then trying to pick out my favorites to make an album. It required alot of brain activity. Today was to be day 2 of photo management but Georgia had an earache and a doctor appointment and I had a 3 hour meeting at work about worst-case-scenario codes. Ugggh.

The money management if difficult. It has been a struggle for me to really keep track of where the money goes. Maybe I don't want to know how much I spend on food, gas yoga and debt? I don't know; but I am still trying to get enough of a cushion that I can maneuver over to yodlee http://www.yodlee.com/ and automate all my bills. I find when I try to download stuff from my local bank it often doesn't work and that pisses me off. Hmmm

I read this book from the library How to get out of Debt, Stay out of Debt and Live Prosperously by Jerold Mundis and it has been amazing. I almost didn't get it because all the newer editions were lost from the library (which didn't make me proud about the company I'm keeping) and there was just this ancient one available, but I did get it and read through the whole thing. Now I'm feeling very inspired to get out of debt. Many of the concepts are similar to the organizing book It's hard to Make a Difference when you can't find Your Keys, so I am trying to use them both together. Rob and I are writing down what we spend every day just to get an accurate spending record.
http://www.amazon.com/How-Debt-Stay-Live-Prosperously/dp/0553283960



So, some progress; not as much as I would like.
But the spending record will be interesting and I have (knock wood) two Mondays to work on photos and getting paint off the stairs before April Vacation and jury duty steal a couple more Mondays.

Does anyone have an online photo storage place they like?
I've been using kodak but it's not very smart and it takes FOREVER to download photos.
Onward!

1 comment: