Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NMH Farm


We went to NMH farm in Gill today after we picked Lily up from school. Cold snow was sprinkling down through most of the day and we were chilly but we had time to visit a sweet new calf who let me scratch its ears and snout, play on the tractor, and admire the bright wheel on the hay cart and the cool brake on some other mysterious piece of equipment.






The students have been collecting sap from the buckets around campus and we went to visit the sugar house. The very friendly man in charge gave each of the girls a jeweled jar filled with the warm amber sap. It smelled like hot maple candy in the shack and if I had brought my wallet I would have bought maple syrup, candy and ice cream.
Next time I'll bring cash!























No comments:

Post a Comment