Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fulgurite


Silver Moon is a magical store in Brattleboro I've mentioned before. I went in with the girls the other day and was drawn to buy a small piece of Fulgurite. Patti, the owner of the shop, had a print-out near the stones with an extensive and exciting description. She said this stuff was special because it was from nearby, right here in the Vermont mountains.
It looks like she got the information from her flyer online because I found it in two different places.

This is from a site called Heavenly Scent http://www.heavenlyscent.net/fulgurite.htm

"What are Fulgurites?

Fulgurites are glassy tubes that are formed when lightning strikes the sand or rock. Lightning carries extremely large amounts of static electricity which is discharged in a very small spot, and the temperature there has been calculated to be hotter than the surface of the sun. The heat is intense enough to vaporize the sand at the center of the strike and to melt the material around the edges. The tube is formed from the melted sand and the hole down the middle is where the vaporized material had been. Fulgurites come in various shapes, sizes and color. Some can be hollow tubes and others can be glassy on one side and or sand/rock on the other side.

Fulgurites are one of the most powerful stones for manifesting one’s visions through the power of prayer. The lightning energy is believed to be the touch of the Divine, still resides in them, and they can act as magnifiers of one’s clear intention, building a powerful resonance between oneself and the powers of the higher worlds.

Fulgurites have a strong, high-frequency vibration, and they seem to hold a clear resonance with the powerful electrical force that created them. Holding a Fulgurite, one may sense a vortex of energy whizzing through the chakras and all levels of the Light body, purifying and cleansing the entire system. There may also be a strong arousal of the Kundalini forces of creativity and inner power.

Fulgurites are powerful for grounding the Light body and manifesting one’s higher purpose. Fulgurite is a stone of prophecy, opening the higher chakras to Divine energy. It opens and clears the psychic and intuitive senses and can assist one in rapidly connecting with the frequency of the Divine through prayer or meditation.

Fulgurite is especially helpful for those ready to experience major breakthroughs and to release habit patterns that no longer serve. Fulgurite will assist you in bringing your thoughts into form, so be sure to hold positive thoughts and do this work only after surrendering to the Divine. This will ensure your creations serve the highest good!"


Patti does Feng Shui and she added a tip: "Place Fulgurite in the Fame and Reputation area of the home. This area is associated with the element of fire. Helpful to clear the system of any blockages that may be inhibiting manifesting your fullest potential! This area is also our connection to the divine energies of the universe."

I had never bothered much with my "Fame and Reputation" area because I didn't care much about either, but clearly I don't know much about Feng Shui. I did a bit with it a couple of years ago and try to keep positive pretty amulets in the important areas. I looked at my little Feng Shui cheat card and figured out the spot in my house and after letting my Fulgurite spend some time on my Reiki grid I put it on the windowsill in the kitchen, which, apparently is my fame and reputation area.


I asked Patti how they know where to find it and she told me that there is a woman who is a lightening tracker in the mountains of Vermont who finds this magical Fulgurite. It gave me chills and has captured my imagination. Who is this woman? Is she out in the storms? Does she find the spot where lightening hit while it is still smoking with heat? Is she out at nighttime watching the skies? I love it. I love not knowing the answers, just imagining this wild woman out there; tracking lightening.
Lightening!

No comments:

Post a Comment