Monday, March 29, 2010

Life is not the way it is supposed to be

Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference...I think if I have one message, one thing before I die that most of the world would know, it would be that the event does not determine how to respond to the event. That is a purely personal matter. The way in which we respond will direct and influence the event more than the event itself.

Virginia Satir

My manager posted this after our team handled a really frightening emergency at work with tremendous calm. I was so proud of us and how well we communicated and carried out each essential task.

The quote can be applied to anything, really. It creates liberating freedom, yes, but such responsibility.

1 comment: