Friday, May 29, 2009

Rainy days

We have had three days of spring rain. Today Georgia asked with concern, "Mama, is burds waterproof?"














Instead of cleaning the kitchen I am sitting here at the computer.
I liked my horoscope this week.
See link for yours:

http://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

Sagittarius Horoscope for week of May 28, 2009

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)
"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing," said Indian philosopher Nisargadatta Maharaj. "Love is knowing I am everything. And between the two my life moves." According to my calculations, Sagittarius, you'll be more on the "knowing you are everything" side of the polarity for the next few weeks. That's because a flood is imminent. I expect you'll be on the receiving end of a massive outreach from the universe -- an influx of invitations, inquiries, and offers to make connection. You should also be prepared for the dizzying pleasure that comes from seeing how profoundly interlinked and interdependent you are.



Oooh, I turned around and it was 11:11 which is my favorite time. I've got myself convinced that when I catch the number it means the universe is giving me a hello, a friendly nod to carry on, that everything is proceeding along as it should. Now, I actually get a calm soothed feeling when I see the ones all lined up in a row. Mmmmm (that's me drooling a little bit)

Anyway, three years ago I wrote a book about becoming a labor and delivery nurse and I haven't found a publisher, yet. Now I am excited because there is a new series on Showtime with Edi Falco playing a nurse and another show, HawthoRNe, with Jada Pinkett Smith portraying a charge nurse. Both of these shows focus primarily on the nurses. Hooray!
Here's an article about the shows from a pro-nursing organization that tries to change the false portrayal of nurses in the media.

http://www.truthaboutnursing.org/news/2009/may/24_summer_tv.html

Usually I can't watch medical shows because of the totally absurd depiction of doctors and nurses. In my reality, nurses do most of the hands-on actual patient care in the hospital and most doctors would agree. They are not the ones who shave the patient's head the night before surgery like McDreamy did on Grey's Anatomy. (during the 10 minutes of viewing that I could tolerate before loudly protesting!) Anyway I'm excited that nurses are coming into the scene and I'm feeling positive that maybe there will be more interest in a nurse memoir written by yours truly!
Now I've got to revise my query letter and get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment