Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Flower Fritters

The Black Locust flowers are blooming everywhere. They have a heavy sweet scent of Ylang Ylang and the bees go crazy for them. Today Georgia and I made flower fritters with the sweet crunchy flowers dipped in egg and milk then rolled in flour and fried in butter. Just now as she was going to bed she asked, "Can we make that thing again?" and it took me quite a few questions to figure out what she was talking about. "Yeah, flower frwittas.." she said as she put her head down for sleep.

Spring makes it hard for me to ignore my deep craving and affinity for plants and birds. I feel such a grounded and solid joy when I am out surrounded by plants, birds flitting or soaring by. Today there were two Great Blue Herons on the road to the dump; with enormous wings they floated above the ponds. I felt peace and resisted the urge to try to snap a substandard photo. Flowers are easier at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment