Thursday, September 13, 2012

Surgery prep



I am having an odd week.  Trying to get everything done before surgery.  It's almost like getting ready before a trip.  My c-section and appendix surgery were both unplanned so this is strange and new.  I'm trying to balance the checkbook, shine up the credit cards and answer any old emails.



I have lists and lists of things to do that will drive me crazy if I can't do them.

I made my homemade chocolates.  Don't they look fancy?  I bought a silicone candy mold on Amazon a few months ago.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VPW0V8/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=15469465059&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9970509851907840506&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B003VPW0V8

I use the raw organic cacao powder from the co-op and organic  mesquite powder in equal parts added to double the amount of melted (at low temp in a double boiler so it stays raw) organic coco butter (both of them from sunfood online) and then add a few teaspoons of agave. The family doesn't really like it (although Rob will eat it if there is nothing else in the house) but I like it and it satisfies my cravings quickly.  Raw chocolate has an amazing amount of antioxidants and the mesquite and coco butter are also good for you.  Yum  I had to have it just in case I had cravings just after surgery.

I also had to find some organic balsam for my massage oils.  I have two craft fairs in the fall and need to start it steeping.  We went yesterday to the lovely Couch Brook Farm
http://www.couchbrookfarm.com/
where she pruned her trees for me and gave me the branches for free.  How nice.  I came home and bottled it up in sterile jars with extra virgin olive oil.  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment