Saturday, August 11, 2012

Last days of vacation

Poor Georgia got sick and we spent the last day just sitting on the porch with her in my lap.















I'm reading Parenting Without Power Struggles
http://parentingwithoutpowerstruggles.com/
and really enjoying it.  She makes many incredible points but something she returns to again and again is to be present with your kids and get your own agenda/ego out a the way. (She uses Byron Katie's The Work, which I love and haven't been utilizing enough lately.)

So, instead of taking a walk, blogging, painting or making a phone call, I just sat in the porch swing (which I made back-friendly by importing alot of firm cushions from around the cottage) with Georgia in my lap.  She was a bit astonished, sadly.  "Really, your going to sit with me?"  She had a fever and wanted to be outside so we sat.  It was interesting how I had to fight the urge to squirm, get up and do something, but it didn't take too long for me to really feel the blessing of being with my young child while she was sick and wanted to sit quietly with her mother.  It was very sweet.


Another bright Lily in a nearby yard.  They smell so delicious!



A replica of "The Bounty" from the movie about the mutiny was in port.  We paid too much money to go walk around it with alot of other people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment