Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cookie Monster Mash up



We've all been able to agree on this song for some reason.
It's so dark it makes me laugh to have Cookie singing it with his variety of hats and ties.

"I'd sell your heart to the junkman baby
For a buck, for a buck
If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch
You're out of luck, you're out of luck

Ship is sinking
The ship is sinking
The ship is sinking

There's a leak, there's a leak in the boiler room
The poor, the lame, the blind
Who are the ones that we kept in charge?
Killers, thieves and lawyers

God's away, God's away
God's away on business, business
God's away, God's away
God's away on business, business"



So each family member takes a turn picking a song for clean-up time and Georgia said yesterday, "Play that Cookie Monster one; it's creepy but I like it. I don't know why"


That's exactly how I feel about Tom Waits, too.

I think the darkness suits my mood as Vermont Yankee the aged nuclear power plant that was overwhelming voted out of Vermont by Vermont and its neighbors is set to continue operating for another 20 years past its use-by date.
And
Liberty "University" (Jerry Fallwell's son's institution) is looking at acquiring the sweet vacant campus near our house that I've always hoped would be a Hogworts someday. Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment