Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rob in his new reading glasses


What a cutie! I hadn't seen them yet.

Here he is reading about Culebra, the island off Puerto Rico where the family is going on my one year anniversary of getting sick (late Feb/early march) and ending up in the ICU at Baystate.

When I lay in the hospital nauseous and miserable I promised myself I would go away when I got well and I would rest somewhere tropical. This is not something I would usually crave, the blazing sun pisses me off after a while, but it feels like I have to follow through on my passionate pledge to myself that I made when I was so ill.

Rob has been skeptical about the whole thing, mostly the funding and the tiny plane one takes from the mainland.

He read the chapter in Lonely Planet last night and said, "OK. Sounds good." which was good to hear because I didn't want to drag him kicking and screaming.

1 comment:

  1. YAY - glad he's on board. You really will love love love it. The PR people are some of the friendliest on the planet! It will make you feel so happy and relaxed

    ReplyDelete