Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chickens coming soon...



Georgia has been OBSESSED with one friend's adorable black kitten and another's sweet pug puppy. She wakes up demanding to go visit them and when we tell her that people have gone off to work or school and we can't make a visit; she wails.

I was starting to waver and get confused. Maybe she needs a puppy or a kitten? Maybe we could find a hypoallergenic new furry family member? Maybe it's time to get another dog? Lily would love another pet, too. We do love the rats but they are so contained and small. Hmmm

Rob then reminded me that we're getting chickens this spring. I had sort of forgotten. Hmmm. Chickens. We went to a friends house this weekend and saw their five friendly birds and were inspired, especially Georgia and me. Georgia held Nutmeg here for about twenty minutes, until I got too cold to stand outside anymore.


Chicken fever has started!
We are thinking about names for the fuzzy chicks we'll get in a few months.
My chicken-owning friends let me borrow their book and I have it in the upstairs bathroom where I sometimes escape for 5 minutes at a time.
Here's to spring, fuzzy chicks and new amusing pets!


No comments:

Post a Comment