Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Magical lanterns!
























Our friends had a party this weekend and we took a walk to a nearby field where they pulled these marvelous things out!

Hooray!

They were so beautiful and bright floating up into the darkness.


The bright warm light really thrills me. I have a photo for my next vision board with a festival in Thailand that I want to attend someday. There are thousands of lights floating up into the darkness. It reminds me of the wish candles floating at night down the Ganges river when I traveled in India. Gorgeous.


Light as a wish in darkness must be universal.


Thailand during the Yi Peng festival

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/Yi_peng_sky_lantern_festival_San_Sai_Thailand.jpg/640px-Yi_peng_sky_lantern_festival_San_Sai_Thailand.jpg






Our biodegradable lanterns rose up one at a time and slowly turned into far away stars.













































No comments:

Post a Comment