Thursday, June 3, 2010

Up to Central Vermont

For a meeting in Randolph about my part time job teaching nursing students.
The drive is 2 hours of beautiful rolling hills.
I parked across the street from this incredible church which is flanked by blooming lilacs.
I had to leave the meeting early to head to my other job, giving myself enough time to go steal some lilac blossoms for home. Somehow I never cut any blooms while they were blooming down south near us; I was glad to get a second chance. The car was dizzyingly fragrant the whole way back to Mass.

Then Lupines!!
I pulled over and enjoyed them for a moment, thinking of Miss Rumphius, one of our favorite children's books.

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Rumphius-Barbara-Cooney/dp/0140505393#reader_0140505393

I picked some of these, too.

I made it to work just in time and came in carrying my beautiful blue and purple bouquet in my travel mug.

1 comment:

  1. I looooove Miss Rumphius. We all love it. We're going to try growing lupines.

    ReplyDelete