Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

We went to my parent's house and spent Saturday dying eggs and playing outside.
75 degrees and sunny!




We stayed overnight and woke up Easter morning! Lily was up at 6:15am but Rob held her off for an hour. Then she came to wake up Georgia and me, who sleep downstairs in the basement. Rob and Lily sleep upstairs in my old room, which Lily now calls her room. I think this arrangement started because of Rob's mold allergy and the basement making him wheeze all the next day, but us not wanting to have the children sleep alone in the basement. I love the opportunity to sleep next to Georgia. I love sleeping with my children, hearing them sigh and breathe and lying there nose to nose. ahhhhhh.

Candy Candy Candy is the big tradition in my family!
peeps, mini eggs, jelly beans and chocolate bunnies.

Rob's Puritanical holiday background (socks, underwear and a smidgen of candy at major holidays) motivated him to put a time limit on the candy. No more after 12 noon! Interestingly, the girls didn't fight the moratorium when it came.

Then we went and played in my childhood playground. The neighborhood swamp.





We found 3 frogs, some blooming skunk cabbage, maple blossoms and 2 red backed salamanders,
















And some dense fairy moss, cool and moist on hot bare feet.







Then they both got sleepy and dreamy.
Georgia snuck another peep on Grandma's lap.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat--- haven't been here in a while. Sadly, I was in Andover too, but missed you. We got up later on Sat. and I thought about checking in to see if you were in town, but baby had a fever : ( He is doing fine now! Hope to see you soon, and hope all is well with you! Love the photos and love the swamp!!!!!

    ReplyDelete