Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Forget-me-nots

Such a lovely flower!  With all the wet weather, they are thriving this year.  I have never been able to grow them in my yard, but they grow in great blooming patches in some damp yards nearby.  I love the bright colors and this year I realized part of why I love them so much is because they are featured in one of my very favorite books A Fairy Went a Marketing
http://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Went-Marketing-Rose-Fyleman/dp/0140547517#reader_0140547517

The illustrations by Jamichael Henterly are so wonderful, and I realized when I was reading it to Georgia yesterday that Forget-Me-Nots are featured in the final page.


 Here's another page I love.  The bee drinking from the saucer, the mason jar greenhouse!  The Snowdrops, Trout Lilies, Bleeding hearts, Fiddleheads and Trillium all botanically and seasonally accurate!  Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment