Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/lunar-eclipse-winter-solstice_2010-12-19


Total Lunar Eclipse Coincides with Winter Solstice

Credit: Jim Fakatselis, NASA

Not a photo of what I saw last night. I stayed up until 3am holding vigil by the woodstove and going out to peek in the cold dark, but by the time the eclipse actually started it was really dark and cloudy out.

I tried to meditate a bit, but of course I was quite sleepy. I read that eclipses have the astrological power to move energy and break through and create needed change (I looked it up on Cafe Astrology http://www.cafeastrology.com/lunationseclipses.html) and I wanted to use the auspicious time to jump start my motivations to live healthier and more balanced now that I'm 40.
Then when I came inside from the cold at 3am, deflated by the dark sky, there was Georgia on the stairs with her sippy cup wanting a refill.
She didn't get back to sleep until 3:45.
I slept by the fire and tried to imagine that the powerful equinox meeting with the winter solstice and the longest night was having magical transformative workings even if I was fast asleep and the sky was covered thick with clouds. Even so, above the clouds the moon was orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment