Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Reading


So, before Christmas I went to Inspirit Common, a spiritual store in Northampton, and bought a few gifts. There was a friendly woman there who gave me some guidance about gifts and then mentioned she was doing readings that day. I saw her card and was intrigued. I snuck one of the cards and put it in my wallet while I did my transaction at the register with someone else. I didn't really have money to spend on an angel reading, but it sounded compelling. As the week went on I thought about the card and questions I would ask at a reading. Finally I decided that if I got a sign from the universe that made it seem like I should go to her I would heed it; if not I would let it go.

http://www.inspiritcommon.com/life_readings/noelle_southwick.shtml


I peeked at the website and was excited by the idea of a crystal reading. I got a very magical crystal at the Peabody Museum. It is called a Record Keeper and it has special marks on it that indicate it stores alot of knowledge from the earth and its history that can be accessed with meditation. I tried to sit and and meditate with it, but it just made me sleepy. I felt like it had more to say to me and I wanted some guidance. So I waited.

Here are some photos of my lovely rock...

I tried to get a picture of the mysterious triangle shapes that indicate it's a Record Keeper in this first one


It's too heavy to carry around, but I've got it on my altar.


A week or so later I was at work and my friend mentioned she had met someone who did angel readings. I put my hand up to stop her talking and then ran to get the card that had been sitting in my wallet. Somehow I knew it would be the same person, even though it was a totally different context. I came back, breathless, and showed her the card, asking, "Is that her?" My friend looked puzzled and replied, "Yeah, that's who I met. How did you know?"

I figured that was my sign so I decided to make an appointment.

I went on my kid-free Monday and brought my crystal and a tape recorder.

She was warm and friendly and we talked for 50 minutes.
First we talked about the crystal I brought

She was very glad to meet it and told me it was a "Language of Light" crystal that had found its way to me. She said they find who they are meant to be with and was surprised I got it at the Peabody Museum. But she said the crystals are very patient and wait lifetimes to make their way to the right person. She also told me it might take years to get to a place where I could use the crystal as I was meant to.
"It takes time." She told me a few times throughout the reading.
Early on, I told her that I get frustrated about communicating with the divine. "It's not clear; I don't get visions. I get lots of numbers repeating themselves, but that's a dicey one. People might think I'm a nut job if I tell them I saw 444 and then mention my Dorinne Virtue numbers book which says 444 means "thousands of angels surround us'"

She laughed but looked a bit surprised and said, "Numbers are one of the way that the angels speak to people and you need to let that fear go. You need to accept that this is real....Meditating will help with that."

I got complainy that I couldn't tell what my next step was, that I don't get clear messages that I understand and she answered kindly, "You will."
Then I mentioned that I stopped meditating because I have trouble coming back from meditation and Reiki without being spacey. "I meditate and then I end up with a slight headache and it's very difficult to pull myself together to do something like empty the dishwasher." She gave me some practical suggestions to help.

One was to envision going through a gate in the beginning of a meditation and then coming back before ending the meditation.
Another was to use crystals; they are very good for grounding because they come from and are made up of earth energy.
She also said just to think of my feet would help, to really feel them.
It can be really helpful to just go outside and put your hands on the earth, too.

She thought it was important that I meditate every day. I told her I sleep with some dream crystals under my pillow and sometimes when I wake up I feel like I've had compelling dreams that I can't remember but maybe something is being learned.

She said, "This is really important time consuming/ energy consuming work that you're doing; It's not just "Oh I do that when I'm sleeping."

I then told her about my recurring nightmare of leaving my family behind and moving into the dorm room. It seems so silly afterward, but in the dream I am unpacking my things and protesting, "But I'm married! I have children. I can't have a roommate. I already did this!" When I wake up I am so relieved. I don't want to go to some alternate plane and leave my family behind.
She looked understanding but said, "If you are going to do this work you have to be willing to give somethings up."
"But" she continued, They're not going to ask you to give things up that are of the light. That fear is not going to support this journey."
I felt relieved.

She told me many things, did an angel card reading and answered many of my questions.
A synopsis might be:
I am in a time of hunkering down and trying to figure stuff out with my mind but also resisting the pull toward spirit because I don't want to be weird or crazy. More time in daydreaming and listening to my heart or gut will help me move forward on my journey and meditation is the key there. The cards said I was entering a period of turning inward to figure stuff out which is part of the process.

I felt light and happy after the reading, like she "got" me and offered practical advice to get unstuck. On the way home I came up with more questions, but I am going to let the experience filter down through the layers for a bit before I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment