Friday, July 2, 2010

Fourth of July weekend



means it's officially high summer.

We went to a annual party at our friend's parent's cottage where there was swimming by (and complete terror by the 8 year old crowd on the innertube when they floated over a creepy looking stump that had arm-like branches swaying in the water. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH" they screamed until someone pulled them from the two foot deep weedy area.

I bought a hula hoop which I have been coveting for over a year now. A young woman was there with hoops to play with and buy. She showed us moves and said casually, "I lost 50 pounds hooping and it was fun because hooping is like a meditation. I love it!" Well, that sold me. So I bought a rainbow one and am hoping to hoop in the yard when the kids are playing. I got a heavy big one that is filled with water because it helps build core muscles and facilitates meditation.




Some time at our friend's house by the river with snacks, tadpoles and crayfish.


















Then the Greenfield fireworks!
We hadn't been to fireworks since the kids were born. The gut-reverberating booms seemed too loud for a small child and then, for a couple years, I was working on fireworks night.
We went this year and it was great fun. The girls loved it. We ended up in the field that was farther away by mistake, but it turned out to be perfect for a first-time experience. I missed the booming feeling in the chest, so next year, we'll move closer.









No comments:

Post a Comment