Monday, April 13, 2009

Honey money jar (looking pretty empty)

Last week I received break-up letters from both of the credit card companies that hold my substantial debt. American Express was cutting my credit limit 10,000 dollars to just 200 above my weighty balance. Bank of America was doubling my interest unless I called them quickly to tell them to close my account (then I could continue to pay my 5.9% but could never use my card again or the interest would shoot up.) Bastards. I am now a victim of the credit crunch. Granted, it was my own fault to let the credit cards get so big (I'm not going to tell you how big!) but I had been managing them well and have 3.9-5.9% interest so it didn't seem worth it to move my loan to anywhere else. Sigh.
When I told my friend, she said. "Well now you really can't use them. This can be your bottom." So, here's to paying down my credit card debt in the next 3 years!
And finding creative ways to pay my bills!
Uggggh


1 comment: