Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!


We started the holiday with carrot cake cream cheese frosted cupcakes from 2nd Street Bakery. I'm feeling a bit sick as the noon hour approaches.

Glad spring is here, but must admit I feel some trepidation about the year just singing along like it is.
Lily is loving first grade, I can still easily carry my Georgia in my arms, and I was supposed to get pregnant this year. If warm weather and summer keeps coming it means Lily will soon be a SECOND grader. Yikes! Georgia will get too big to carry. Sadness! and I might notice the baby supporting financial windfall has yet to arrive. Oh NO!

I'm thinking this might be the first year I've wanted to put out my heels and stop the sled of time.
I'm sure the antidote is trying to drink up each moment, but for now I'm tired and cupcake frosting is buzzing through my bloodstream in an unpleasant way. So, instead of trying to turn it around, I am going to continue to feel conflicted about inevitable passage of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment