Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crane Beach




Georgia collecting shells for the fairy house she was building at my parent's house.  We went for a weekend of beach and ocean trips.
Spirals in sand and shell.
Link to pleasing exposition on spirals
http://www.zenzibar.com/cosmicspiral/cosmicspiral.htm

Rob and me.  I had to take the photo; the girls had no patience for it.
Georgia noticed the beautiful iridescence on the hinge of these clam shells.  They shimmered......I've never noticed it before.
Everyone was drawing in the sand while I lay there resting my back on the flat ground.  I did OK on the long car ride and was just taking a break.
Crane beach was long and undeveloped.  It was fun to see so many people taking off their shoes and walking on the beach, enjoying the waves, bare feet and fresh air.
I was dragged to crane beach every Sunday as a kid and it felt like penance to slog back to the dunes and spend the day watching everyone else in my family sunbathe, but today I realized it was a nice place to have been dragged to, even if I didn't appreciate it at the time.


Back home at my parents, Georgia went right out to add to the fairy house; swings, pools, slides and a clementine box house.

No comments:

Post a Comment